On Monday, April 17 the students who make up the Risk Management Brigade and the Environmental Management Brigade were appointed. They will perform a valuable and important duty throughout the year.
Salcantay has a long tradition in the formation of Environmental Brigades. Each year, two students from each grade are chosen. As a result, we have 48 students performing the following functions:
• Supporting all actions related to the care of the environment at school, their entourage and community.
• Identifying the problems that exist in the environment and proposing a solution.
• Being eco-efficient. This means saving electric energy, saving nonrenewable resources, practicing the three “R’s”: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and seeking for solutions to the problems identified within the educative community.
On the other hand, the members of the Risk Management Brigade are responsible for the following:
• Guiding and assisting their classmates in the implementation of the evacuation and classroom protection plan.
• Motivating an active and responsible participation at drills.
• Helping to maintain calm in emergency situations.
• Contributing to the detection of risk situations at school.
• Performing preventive tasks in the classrooms.
Students and teachers have to know who the Risk Management brigade members are, given that they are key people in the event of a contingency. For this reason, brigade members wear a pin that identifies them as such.
We encourage our brigade members to fulfill each one of their duties. We are sure that they will meet the proposed goals.